Oral Surgery and Sedation
PHD FDS.RCS (Oral Surgery) FDS.RCS BDS BSc (Hons)
GDC No: 69410
Kathryn Taylor qualified in dentistry from the University of Sheffield in 1993 and completed vocational training in the York Scheme the following year. She then started training in oral and maxillofacial surgery and was awarded a Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 1997. She did her basic science research at theUniversity of Leeds and completed a PhD in wound healing in 2007. She specialises in the management of anxious patients and obtained a Diploma in Conscious Sedation from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne in 2000. She was accepted onto the Specialist List for Oral Surgery in 2000 but her formal training was completed by success in the Intercollegiate Fellowship Specialty Examination (ISFE oral surgery) in 2013. She has worked in hospitals throughout the Yorkshire and North West region where she has organised and developed undergraduate education in medical emergencies management, sedation and oral surgery. She has expertise in surgical treatment for disorders of the teeth, mouth and jaws including surgical removal of wisdom teeth, surgical removal of buried or impacted teeth, pre-prosthetic/implant surgery and management of abnormalities of the soft tissues of the mouth, lips and skin of the face. Kate also assists other specialists and dentists where sedation is required, for example where a patient has a particular anxiety of treatment. Dr Taylor is one of the most respected Oral Surgeons in the UK, and we are extremely lucky to have her working with us at Redcliffe Dental Practice and Specialist Referral Centre.
- Association of British Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- British Association of Oral Surgeons
- Dental Sedation Teachers’ Group
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Dental education and bisphosphonate related complications. Medical emergencies in dental practice and sedation related research.
- Examiner of Dental Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MJDF)
- External Examiner for undergraduate Dental Surgery (Cardiff Dental School)